Cancellation of 2020 Three Counties Summer League.

In light of the current situation , and with a view to abiding by the future guidelines on social distancing, travel and general player welfare, we as a committee have taken the hard decision to cancel the league for this year. this decision was not reached easily , but in the light of other team competitions being cancelled, I think it is the correct one.

Even if courses opened tomorrow, it would be nigh on impossible to fit all the fixtures in to the remaining season, and it is important that we support our own courses when they do open , ensuring their continued existence through this difficult period.

If things improve drastically by July / August it may be possible for us to arrange friendly matches between local courses. Please feel free to contact me for details at that stage.

Glyn Abbey have also taken the difficult decision to defer this years Rabbits Open until 2021, when hopefully they can put on an event worthy of the return of Rabbits golf.

The most important thing to remember is that we all stay safe and well through this , and we can all return next year for some fun on the golf course with friends from all over the three counties.

regards to all

Rhys Jones – Three Counties Summer League Secretery

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Cancellation of 2020 Three Counties Summer League.

  1. wayne hallett says:

    hi Rhys . this is my email . Haverfordwest golf club Rabbits Captain.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s